This website is fairly boring. It was once a mirror for a couple of open-source projects, but now it is a simple collection of tips, tricks and scripts that interest me.
About This Site
About This Server
This website runs on a recycled thin client that I bought from Unix Surplus during a DEFCON convention. I only paid $25.00 for it. The device is a MaxTerm thin client made by MaxSpeed. The hardware specs (according to the MaxSpeed website) are as follows:
• Memory: 256 MB SDRAM standard
• Flash Memory: 128 MB or 256 MB
• Complete MultiMedia (video and audio streaming) and broad peripheral support
• Graphics: 64 bit 2D/3D graphic engine and Video Accelerator
• 1 Serial Port, 1 Parallel Port, 2 USB Ports
• 1 PCI slot for Wireless/Modem or other peripherals
• Built-in 10/100 Base-T Ethernet interface
• USB Expandability: Floppy, Security, Wireless Modem
• Optional internal wireless 802.11b interface
The MaxTerm is designed to boot from a compact flash memory card, so the case doesn't have much room for a hard disk. I added a hard disk by doing a low-tech case mod; I drilled one of the cooling holes in the top of the case, making it wide enough to slip a screw through and mounted the disk sideways against the top. It works great!